Cayuga County GRAZE Program
What is Prescribed Grazing?
Prescribed grazing is the controlled harvest of vegetation, with grazing or browsing animals, managed with the intent to achieve one or more of the following purpose:
- Improve or maintain the health and vigor of selected plants.
- Provide forage for grazing animals.
- Improve or maintain animal health and productivity.
- Reduce soil erosion and maintain or improve soil conditions.
How Prescribed Grazing Helps?
When properly applied, this practice has the potential to maintain or improve:
forage production may be reduced to increased moisture in the soil profile, healthier and deeper
plant root systems, and reduced evapotranspiratin rates.
How Can The Graze Program Help Your Farm Operation?
Pasture Quality Assessment
Stocking Rate Recommendations
Infrastructure Improvements, Planning & Cost Estimation
* For more information about Prescribed Grazing or funding, please contact Jason Cuddeback at 315-252-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org